Shadow qualified nurses in
a range of environments
Witness first-hand the challenges of nursing and gain hands-on experience
Nursing elective programmes
Take your nursing elective placement abroad with The Mighty Roar and experience first-hand the challenges of nursing in a developing country and the major differences in the principles of nursing that you have become accustomed to. This is your chance for a challenging yet highly rewarding experience that will allow you to gain a broad overview and understanding of the care provided in all branches of nursing including adult, child and learning disabilities nursing.
Our unique nursing programmes will allow you to observe qualified nurses in a range of clinical environments as you rotate across a range of departments. Based in a range of government hospitals and as a part of community outreach campaigns, you will witness a wide range of different illnesses and be able to further your skillset and gain hands-on experience with basic health checks, wound care, checking blood pressures and more.
We host hundreds of university students on their nursing elective placements each and every year. Over the last few years we have built up strong relationships with many universities around the United Kingdom and abroad, with many now actively recommending us to their students. We are able to complete any paperwork required from your university and can ensure that your course requirements are met in terms of minimum hours, placement setting and more.
Our structured and safe nursing elective placements are ideal for first time and / or solo travellers as well as students looking to travel as a group. Taking your elective placement overseas with The Mighty Roar is the perfect way to meet like-minded people and allows you to explore a new and exciting country as a group.
- Gain in-depth insight into global nursing practices overseas
- Witness first hand the major differences in the fundamentals of nursing
- Shadow qualified nurses in a range of departments abroad
- 24/7 in-country & UK support
- Comprehensive pre-departure support and assistance with all aspects of your trip
- Pre-departure buddy lists and a dedicated Facebook group to talk with other volunteers
- Are you a qualified nurse? Please click here for suitable programmes.